Thread: Generating image to PDF

Generating image to PDF

For the site of printers, I have to generate a PDF document in 300dpi using information selected and entered on the site. For example, I choose a background image before his name and address, choose a font, text color, etc. and I have to generate an image (PDF) ready for use for printer.

Could you tell me ways to do this? For now I know fpdf but I think it's fairly complicated to make a very specific document.

How to generate image to PDF ?

Re: Generating image to PDF

If I got it right, you want to generate an image from vector data, which includes the changing fonts. The job that you are trying to do involves lot of complexity. Something more realistic is likely to generate a PDF vector with some elements. In this case FPDF will largely be the case. Its sure is low, but almost all libs PDF (PDFlib, hpdf, Jaws, Adobe, PDFLib, ....) have a similar API.

In this case, a PDF "300 dpi" means nothing, since your vector elements will use the resolution of the press and if you get an image RGB JPG at 72 dpi, it is not strictly nothing to convert at 300dpi.

It is the printing business card that I am trying to do. On the other side, it is not vector images provided or not the user. The latter entered these details and chose a background for the card. But can not do any more custom. For now, I think using FPDF but having used to generate pdfs dedicated to the display, simple and inexpensive binding, I would like information on the alternatives before me while typing with FPDF.

Actually, I just void the FPDF API. API is pretty gross smelter. I did not see any function to specify the page size, no function to handle the transformation matrices (rotation/scaling text/polygon), no SetBottomMargin ().

Otherwise Haru PDF can do that, except that the API is in C, and not PHP.