Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2009

Problem with the command set Path

I would like to add a variable to the Path environment under XP at the following path through a bat file (to avoid going through the boring menu of Windows): C:\Program Files\Havas Medimedia\Common

I use the following command

Code:
set PATH =%PATH%;C:\Program Files\Havas Medimedia\Common
It works correctly, but when I close the console, the way I added does not appear in the path variable. Is there a way through the previous command to make the addition of the permanent way?
Old 06-10-2009

Re: Problem with the command set Path

That modifications to the PATH command disappear when closing the console: this changes is valid for the current shell, as well as any child, but NEVER for the parent(s). For what you want to do that, I do not know if it is in the registry or a file.
Old 06-10-2009

I want to change the path through a batch, but these changes are not taken into account via console. Is there a way in the Windows registry which might allow me to pass this way?
Old 06-10-2009

Utility setx of W2K allows you to change variables of machines. You can also do the same thing via Windows Registry as follows:

Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Session Manager\Environment||Path

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: ,