Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed

Software Development

Old 05-10-2009

Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed

Hi,

I am trying to create a dialog box that will appear only if the browser selected is Internet Explorer, however I get this error: HTML Parsing Error: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed (KB927917)Can anyone help??

Old 05-10-2009

Re: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed

To avoid this problem, write script blocks that only modify closed containers container element or modify the script only once. To do this, you can use a placeholder to close the target container, or you can move the script block in the container you want to modify.
Old 05-10-2009

Re: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed

Normally, you will have a block type <script type="text/javascript"> located somewhere within the body of the page. If your script tried to add something to a page element that was not the father of the script block, then you get this type of analysis error. You have to remove the JavaScript script block to correct the initial site does not load problem, then solve the problem, find out which part of the javascript is trying to manipulate the page elements - in my case, I had to move the script block so that the parent became a body and not the div that was originally closed in.
Old 05-10-2009

To remove HTML Parsing Error: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed (KB927917)

See this : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927917
Old 16-06-2011

i have faced this problem, but i just managed to get the answer for that..

go in to Tools in IE > click on compatiblity view settings> you wil see add this site> add google.com> click the below option >display all sites in compatiblity view.

you will get the gmail page for signing in ....

Old 18-06-2011

Thank you to the member "shijujohnninan ".
You are right. Your comment works and is useful.
Once again, thank you so much!
Phuong

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,