Thread: Need some information on SQL

Need some information on SQL

Hi,
    I am currently studying My SQL. I need some information on the same. First a brief explanation that what is SQL. That what does it means and for what purpose it is use for. Secondly how can I create a record in it and what are the types of fields in SQL. That means what is the basic structure of the application. I had just started and the theory material is quiet hard to understand. So I need some practical information on the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Need some information on SQL

SQL (Structured Query Language) is a computer language used to store, edit and retrieve data in relational databases.However, there are important differences in the relational database management systems for each use SQL. There are two reasons: 1) the SQL standard is quite complex and complete an implementation of the standards would, therefore, often impractical, and 2) any database vendors differentiate their product in any way from its competitors. Networked applications are becoming more numerous and versatile. In many cases, the basic scheme of operation is a series of scripts that govern the behavior of a database. Due to the diversity of languages and databases, how to communicate from one another would be really difficult to manage if not for the existence of standards that allow us the basics of a universal form.

Since we know a database consists of tables which store records cataloged according to different fields (characteristics). A preliminary aspect to consider is the nature of the values entered in these fields. Since a database works with all kinds of information, it is important to specify what kind of value we are entering so as to, firstly, to facilitate later search and another to optimize memory resources. Each database introduces types of field values that are not necessarily present in others. However, there is a set of types that are represented in all of these bases. These common types are: Alphanumeric - Alphanumeric, Alphanumeric - There are several types, mainly integers (no decimal point) and real (with decimals), Dates - Store dates then to facilitate their exploitation. Storing dates in this way allows sorting the records by date or calculate the days between two dates and other, Memos - Alphanumeric fields are of unlimited length. Have the disadvantage of not being indexed, etc

The syntax for adding up a record in SQL is Insert Into table_name (nombre_campo1, nombre_campo2 ,...) Values (valor_campo1, valor_campo2 ...). A simple example from our table model is the introduction of a new customer it would be done with a statement like this:Insert Intro customers (name, address, town, zipcode, email, ordering) VALUES ( 'A', 'B',' 123 ',' C', '123456', 'xxxxx@xxxxx.com' , 33). If we practice with a database that is empty first create the tables that are going to fill. Tables were also created with SQL statements. While, however, may be more comfortable using a GUI program such as Access, that can be used to create the tables in their own databases Access or other ODBC databases such as SQL Server or MySQL, to give two examples.