Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2009

Populating sqlite database on iphone

Just few days back i had purchased a new iPhone. I would like to know that how to populate sqlite database on iphone? Is it possible for me to do so? Any body have any idea on how to populate sqlite database on iphone? Kindly let me know the correct way of doing it, if possible. Any kind of help on the above issue would be appreciated.
Old 01-10-2009

Re: Populating sqlite database on iphone

The pre-populated database consisted of just my simple 1 table structure and the Core Data created SQLite database consisted of ?extra ?Z? tables? For example: Z_METADATA. There are lots of ways to create a SQLite database file. The easiest way that I have found is to download the SQLite Firefox extension, which provides a GUI to create and manage your SQLite database. The rest of this tutorial will assume you have that extension installed.
Old 01-10-2009

SQLite manager for FireFox. An awesome plugin for FireFox which is a full-featured management tool for SQLite database. So to start, create a new project, chose the template "Navigation Based" and name it as "DatabaseTest".
Old 01-10-2009

Sequel would probably be the easiest way to do this. The bin/sequel tool can copy a MySQL database to an SQLite database. Using SQLite3 database and for that we will need the libsqlite framework. SQLite3 will now start and load the todo.sqlite database. Right click on frameworks->Add Existing. In the search bar type "libsql" and it will show you some 4 frameworks with same name. By default the database is empty and contains no tables.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,