Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 28-09-2009

How to host a web application

I developed a web application in ASP.NET, more precisely in Visual Studio and C# language and sql server for the database. This application will be used inside the enterprise and installed in a PC running windows server to exchange information between users. Is there someone who can tell me the steps to do or advise me links how to host a web application?
Old 28-09-2009

Re: How to host a web application

First of all make sure that you have IIS installed on your server, and if it is ok then you install all the files in your application in the Inetpub (or the directory set as default web site). Also refer to this article for more information.
Old 28-09-2009

I have not figured out how to install the files in my application directory, is what you mean the file in this directory? Is it what I have installed on sql server? Do I need to recreate the database? Visual Studio and everything?
Old 28-09-2009

Yes, you file them in this directory. And if your application uses SQL Server, then obviously you must install SQL Server. Visual Studio is useless and unnecessary for your setup.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,