Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 28-09-2009

How to verify the text of a button

I am facing a problem with the php SQL and JavaScript! Let me explain my problem:

I like the touch of a button <input type='button' ...> check if the value contained in a text field <input type='text' ...> is present in the database. But what makes this more difficult is that I do not like having to reload the current page (such as verified fields in JavaScript). I have an alert (''); if nickname is already in DB. Would you have an idea, how to verify the text of a button?

HTML Code:
<input type="text" name="login"/> <input type="button" name="verify_nickname" value="Verify">
Old 28-09-2009

Re: How to verify the text of a button

The only solution that comes to my for you is making use of AJAX. It enables you to make requests to servers, retrieve the result, and then process them without reloading your page. You can look to the jQuery JavaScript framework which enables you to have Ajax.
Old 28-09-2009

Isn't there any other choice other than to use AJAX? In fact it is a php project for my studies. So use of AJAX makes a little uneven on the script from someone else, I do not know. I have seen some stuff on AJAX, but I do not understand too well how to access my database.
Old 28-09-2009

You make a PHP page that connects to the database to check whether or not the user is logged in. Your ajax send a query to this page and process the result. An example for exactly what you want to do How to use AJAX in a real-world situation?

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: ,