Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 25-09-2009

How to solve WCF Security Issues

I have an app that accesses a WCF service on a server which is hosted in a console app. A web application sends requests to it. Both of these have been running successfully in production for the last 6 months. But recently I have started getting an error message: "a call to SSPI failed" ... "the target principal name is incorrect" ... stack trace ... How is that and how should I eliminate that.
Old 25-09-2009

Re: How to solve WCF Security Issues

The problem seems directly linked to the change that you made. Try removing the change and running the app again. My problem will be solved ,for ms-access database ,if we are using ms-access datasource for updating single fild also we have to set all fields updated ,whatever you given in the select statement. The problem seems directly linked to the change that you made. Try removing the change and running the app again.
Old 25-09-2009

The solution was to start another service which provides via "WebGet" method the clientaccesspolicy.xml. When I start the WCF program it shuts down, and the web application that contacts the WCF app gets a Communication object error. I do have my service INSIDE my WebSite project. Everything works fine when running in VS2008 but as soon as I run the deployed web site I have the 404 not found. If the web application connected successfully, the code that changed would be executed.
Old 25-09-2009

If you're using message security with certificates at each end securing it, I'm not quite sure why you would need a windows identity? What's the reasoning behind that? you can simply configure the WCF service to use "None" as security mode. Note that you must set the security mode of the service since it is the service application who declare the security requirement.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,