Thread: Invalid printer specified on crystal report

Invalid printer specified on crystal report

My enviroment is windows server 2003 64 bit but running on 32 bit service, vb 2008 and crystal report 2008. When I'm sending a Crystal report and when the program executes the command oRpt.PrintOptions.PrinterName = Trim(Me.selected_printer)

the error that comes is Error in File
    C:\WINNT\TEMP\temp_ae2a77a0-78d3-4507-87c8-dcac38457c46.rpt: Invalid printer specified.

Re: Invalid printer specified on crystal report

It's about permission.HP LaserJet 5Si on cea 06 is a network printer,You can not access network resourece with local account. Please give some answers to the following questions Can a printer be moved offline or reserved by a user? Can a printer get overloaded or a print queue be full? So you got to setup local account and modify the machine.conf to use that account for your asp application.Also you need setup remote computer with printer has exactly user account.

If I remember right, and i have not done server print jobs before from a web interface but it will use the clients print driver. Well it sounds like serialization to me and I believe Crystal's reportdocument object is not serializable. Also at one time only 3 instances of a report can be opened. I would make sure that the client and server drivers match (even though it shouldnt make a difference).

I am developing an intranet application using ASP.Net which uses crystal reports. The IIS is installed in my machine. When I Go to My Computer - > Control Panel - > Printers -> and see there is any printer connected to the machine, I Copied that name to your code. But the printer is connected to some other. When I try to take printout it raises an error as:

Error in File C:\DOCUME~1\banupriya\ASPNET\LOCALS~1\Temp\temp_2924ba53-898a-4038-a402-b1504cbdbe18.rpt: Request cancelled by the user.