Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 25-09-2009

How to update Database with Changes made to the DataGridView

I want to update table at backend in database through making changes in datagridview. Any changes made to the records in the GridView Changes should be Reflected into the Database. What I want to do is update the database using the data adapters InsertCommand after a user adds a new row to the grid. After making changes in "Datagridview" when user clicked "Save" button, whichever changes made in datagridview should get reflect at backend in respected table like "EmpDetails".
Old 25-09-2009

Re: How to update Database with Changes made to the DataGridView

You should use a Command Builder to update records so that changes made to the dataset can be reflected into the database. Use this code to populate datagridview

SqlDataAdapter check=new SqlDataAdapter("select * from product",strcon);
SqlCommandBuilder result=new SqlCommandBuilder(check);
DataSet result = new DataSet();
check.Fill(result);
dataGridView1.DataSource=check.Tables[0];
Old 25-09-2009

You will use the SqlDataAdapter.Update method to update your database when a user clicks on your Save button. This is an example that I am using without any problem. I think that's the easy way (at least for me!), "Dynamic SQL generation for the UpdateCommand is not supported against a SelecCommand that does not return any key column information"
Old 25-09-2009

I am having "Datagridview", "Edit" and "Save" button on WinForm and table "EmpDetails" at backend in databse. 2005 will for the most part create most of the code for you and when it does the coding is easier to do. If you create a datagridview as the initial form database object it create a navigation bar etc for you. this will bring in all the code you need for normal operations. I am filling "Datagridview" with table "EmpDetails". When user clicked "Edit" button he should allowed to make changes in "Datagridview".

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,