Thread: How to Auto fill certain fields In a Access 2003

How to Auto fill certain fields In a Access 2003

I have an Access 2003 database for our Help Desk. I tried to use the wizard to make a data entry form. I wanted a form with multiple sub-forms. I have several tables, one of which only has 2 fields, Caller's Name and Phone Number. So I'm building a form for data entry of each call.

Re: How to Auto fill certain fields In a Access 2003

I am assuming that this form is data entry only, and the form is not being used to edit existing records. One is the standard main/sub form(s) layout. I create the Main Form and the Sub forms separately and then add the Subform(s) to the mainform using the Toolbox "Subform" wizard. The other type is a Tabbed Main Form where the Subforms are added to separate Tabs on the Mainform (also using the Subform Wizard). I am using the field name of Control_Number for what the user enters & Date_Entered for the date, format as short date.

Actually, AutoTab is made for doing just this! Go to the first text box' Properties - Other and setting the AutoTab property to Yes. They can be in the same Private Sub providing that you have the data somehow related or in the same table as the main form. This is where you new question will pick up from.For the first textbox also set the Input Mask to 0000 (that's all zeros).

The USPS also doesn’t want people with outdated information, so the data is only available on a subscription basis. When I enter data in a form for the main table, I want to be able to select any quantity of photos (file name) from files already in the media table or add new ones (complete info). Because zip codes are added and modified regularly, the USPS requires that you update your zip code database on a regular basis (at least once a year). Take a copy of the database, remove any real personal data form that copy and then Compact & repair it, zip it up and then post it on here.