Thread: Windows Installer rollsback stating it was interrupted

Windows Installer rollsback stating it was interrupted

I was installing Creator or Roxio Easy VHS to DVD, the installer will begin "rolling back" and then give the prompt, I have tried out finding the solution for it on the internet but endup with no result please let me know how do I get rid of this.

Re: Windows Installer rollsback stating it was interrupted

I have run into an interesting problem installing MQSeries 5.2.1 on Windows NT 4.0 / SP6a. Keep in mind that if you apply a Group Policy Object (GPO) to disable the rollback functionality and an installation fails, your computer could be left in a compromised state. When installing the software, the installation progress gets just past "Installing Services" and the status bar is just about to the end, then the blue bar moves backwards and the status changes to "Rolling Back Action."

The Windows Installer processes the installation script for the installation of a product or application, it simultaneously generates a rollback script and saves a copy of every file deleted during the installation. Expand Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, Windows Installer and make the installation, Windows Installer doesn't roll back these custom actions by default. Rather, the author of the Windows Installer file is responsible for ensuring that custom actions are rolled back.

The DisableRollback Action disables rollback for the remainder of the installation. The files that Windows Installer temporarily backs up are stored in the \%systemdrive%\config.msi file in a system/hidden state. Rollback is disabled only for the actions that are sequenced after the DisableRollback action in the sequence tables. Rollback is disabled for the entire installation if the DisableRollback action is sequenced before the InstallInitialize action.