Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 24-09-2009

md5 passwords issue

I have my own website, on which my md5 passwords been stored on it. I would like to know that how do i clear my md5 passwords from my website? I know it can be done by encoding my passwords. But i don't want to encode my md5 passwords. So, let me know the correct way of clearing my md5 passwords from my own website. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Old 24-09-2009

Re: md5 passwords issue

MD5 Password is a password recovery tool for security professionals, which can be used to decrypt a password if its MD5 hash is known. If the file specification is a wildcard, each matching file is processed in an order determined by the operating system (or file system).
Old 24-09-2009

You can't decode a MD5 hash as it isn't decodable. "htpasswd encrypts passwords using either a version of MD5 modified for Apache, or the system's crypt() routine. Just try to reset it. Files managed by htpasswd may contain both types of passwords; some user records may have MD5-encrypted passwords while others in the same file may have passwords encrypted with crypt()."
Old 24-09-2009

You need the qutoes as your dealing with a string. The MD5 algorithm used by htpasswd is specific to the Apache software, passwords encrypted using it will not be usable with other Web servers." Try ou the following code:-
Quote:
$ID = $_GET["ID"];
$UserResult = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM tblUsers WHERE md5(UserID)='".$ID."' ")or die (mysql_error());

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,