Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to use Excel Functions in Query

Software Development

Old 24-09-2009

How to use Excel Functions in Query

You would do it in a similar manner except that in Access it's necessary to name the field rather than give the cell number. Your Excel cell would read 60*H18, 60*H19, 60*H20. It would be beneficial that anyone suggest me how to use Excel Functions in Query.

Old 24-09-2009

Re: How to use Excel Functions in Query

The string variable strSQL is filled with an SQL statement that performs the equivalent of an Access Make-Table query. Option Compare Database Public myIPT As String Option ExplicitThe SQL statement copies two fields (Firstname and Lastname) from the source table (tblStaff) into a new table (tblTemp). I haven't included a "WHERE" clause containing criteria because I want all the records copied.
Old 24-09-2009

The next example uses the Recordset property and the Recordset object to synchronize a recordset with the form's current record. This step opens the definition of my new table - think of it as opening the table in design view - and creates a new field (called RandomNumber) of the correct data type for the data I am going to put into it When a company name is selected from a combo box, the FindFirst method is used to locate the record for that company, causing the form to display the found record.

Code:
Sub SupplierID_AfterUpdate()
    Dim rst As DAO.Recordset
    Dim strSearchName As String

Set rst = Me.Recordset
    strSearchName = CStr(Me!SupplierID)
    rst.FindFirst "SupplierID = " & strSearchName
    If rst.NoMatch Then
        MsgBox "Record not found"
    End If
    rst.Close
End Sub
Old 24-09-2009

Unlike using the RecordsetClone property, changing which record is currently in the recordset returned by the form's Recordset property also sets the current record of the form. The new table is opened as a table-type recordset giving me access to the records it contains and allowing me to edit them. The statement rst.MoveFirst makes sure that the first record is selected before initiating a loop that will move through all the records in the table.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,