Thread: Editing xml file on remote server with web service

Editing xml file on remote server with web service

I have add a new DOC file with web client. I am working up to being able to interrogate another server for xml data, and then respond. I know the file has to be downloaded to be edited, but is there a way to upload automatically the "temporary" edited file during the checkin operation? To simulate that I am working between two web sites. At the remote site, I have created access via a web service with a file called transxml.amx.

Re: Editing xml file on remote server with web service

I have found quite a lot of explanations and examples based on C# , Web Client allow inline editing for text (XML, HTML, ...) documents only. but for the moment I am working only in VB untile I feel I have a reasonable grasp of .net; as yet I have not learned any C#. The other solutions let you edit your office document on the server directly.

You can configure the solution that should be used to open your document when clicking "edit button" from the web client : in shared/classes/alfresco/extension/web-client-config-custom.xml, As I get more into asp.net, I am beginning to think I chose the wrong language to start with, since so many examples on the net are in C# rather than VB.

shows the the data as I want, and allows me to edit the fields - but I have been unable to work out how to update - and I have yet to move on to cancelling and deleting. Java Remote Method Invocation (RMI) enables you to create distributed Java-based to Java-based applications, in which the methods of remote Java objects can be invoked from other Java virtual machines (JVMs), possibly on different hosts. There could be a problem if the user hasn't the access on CISF (i.e. when he is out of office) but anyway this is a first useful step!