Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 23-09-2009

How to Call a local shared library from browser?

I need to call the local shared library from the existing browser so that I would be able to access the files easily, and one more benefit of this facility would be such that I need to go to every drive and search for the folder, please suggest me that do I need to do to enable this with my browser?
Old 23-09-2009

Re: How to Call a local shared library from browser?

You can't do it with javascript. You could do something with php, if you were some how able to get a php server running on your kindle, I'd like to know if there is a way I can call that library without any server, as a browser will let me load and run local content from the file system without one but that would require a ton of hacking and probably just end up bricking it.
Old 23-09-2009

AL Folder Browser is the program intended for more convenient looking through your folders and files. Your best bet sounds like to make an html file of the contents of each folder and one to link them all together. You can probably find a program that can generate them for you. The program fits into system tray and does not occupy any place on your desktop. you are not allow to access local system's resources directly from Javascript due to security reasons. Thus, it's quite IMPOSSIBLE to call an external library directly from javascript.
Old 23-09-2009

It appears from these responses I must provide a server-side component to provide access to local system services. There is an opportunity to define Global Hot key for a lot of actions you need. I am already accessing the system library I mention via JNA from a Java app, so it shouldn't be too difficult to make it available via a server.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,