Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to Implement iframes in a form

Software Development

Old 23-09-2009

How to Implement iframes in a form

What code can I put in the 'onbeforeunload' event to cancel the 'unload' action but when I press the submit button I can only get the “name” attribute at the action.jsp file. The value of the address field is shown as null, then present the user with an alert saying that he/she must use the logout button. Is there any way to detect the target of whatever event causes the page to unload?

Old 23-09-2009

Re: How to Implement iframes in a form

The problem is that the containing page (home.jsp) and the contained iframe (hierarchy.jsp) are two completely different request, two completely different pages that dont talk to each other and dont know each other. If filter.jsp is one level up from the current JSP, then "../filter.jsp" would be the right one. "/../filter.jsp" doesn't make sense as an URL. "/" is already at the highest directory level; it's not possible to go one level up from there using "..".
Old 23-09-2009

Is there any way to detect the target of whatever event causes the page to unload? I would be especially interested to hear how they propose preventing the user from disconnecting the cable that connects them to the internet, or turning the computer off at the wall.
Old 23-09-2009

Using onunload or onbeforeunload event handlers is fraught with danger - popup blockers often disable these events from being able to be fired. If you assign a listener directly to onbeforeunload or onload you'll overwrite the listeners that dojo needs to assign. Those things are generally used in an HTA and are useless for much else. This group assumes cross- browser internet use unless otherwise specified.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,