Thread: How to detect Connection has failed with SQL Server

How to detect Connection has failed with SQL Server

I am trying to connect to the sqlserver, I have followed step by step a instructions and I have chosen SQL server authentication, but I received this error that is :
    "Connection failed", SQL State: 08001
    SQL Server Error: 6
    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets]Specified SQL Server Not Found.

Re: How to detect Connection has failed with SQL Server

I think you should Make sure that you are using the latest SQL Server service pack available. Check to make sure both your server and your application are using the same authentication. That is, Check that the client and server are running the same network protocol. Then Verify that the client and server are using the same Net-Library.

Right click on server registration and choose 'edit sql server registration properties'. check connection properties are correct. That means if there is version problem means If you are trying to register sql2005 instance for sql2000 using enterprise manager you cannot do that, use sql server management studio (the 2005 client tool)

The client connected to SQL Server 2000 must use a client Net-Library that matches one of the server Net-Libraries to which the server is currently listening. I have experienced the same problem, But the interesting part is that it only happened after I installed the XP Pro 64 bit and reinstalled VS 2005 and SQL developer version. While VS works fine I can't access or create SQL database because every time I click at server name combibox I get a blank field and the massage no Server connection.

Connections to databases are managed using database drivers, which enable applications written in different programming languages to interact with the database management system. But I will provide the way where you could make connections through SQL manager, Open The SQL Server Enterprise Manager Expand the tree-control until you can your server, Right click on the server name and "SQL Server Properties (Configure)" window will open Select the Security tab, For "Authentication", select "SQL Server and Windows".