Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 22-09-2009
Members

LaTeX on Mac

Hello everyone,

I intend seriously to Latex Mac. Since I still work on windows at the office, I want an editor, compiler and Reference Manager bibliographic seraint compatible with Windows and Mac OS. any ideas for a simple LaTeX pakage ?
thank you
Old 22-09-2009

Re: LaTeX on Mac

The advantage of Texmaker that it is multiplatform. It's always nicer to use an editor that we know well on other bones.But TeXShop is actually well known on mac. The simplest is to use 2-3 and make your choice. Well It is really easy to use, allows a database with different sub-groups and especially the pdf link references. I am in the scientific community and it manages very well the online search on PubMed. And it is compatible word and page.
Old 22-09-2009

I think that LaTeX users are simply people who have special needs that provides Wysiwyg can provide. This will make the effort of learning and a questioning of their habits.

I also believe that if software Wysiwyg was able to give them everything they want, they abandon LaTeX. Contrary to what you seem to think is not as important to them but the result and it can not be judged on your criteria.Most of the major principles of geometry were developed in antiquity. They are still in force today.
Old 22-09-2009

the main interest of Latex is the mathematical equations that are too taken with the head of the WYSIWYG apps, even if there is progress. And then, latex, one can easily transport their files and put them on another machine without accounting problem,

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,