Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 22-09-2009

Image Onclick Problem- unable to read the Command

I have a simple text field and I would like to submit some value to a new window and add it to a database my code will have only a plain image where I want the user will pick a location and after submitting the co-ordinations will be posted. problem is how to I click that image button to open a new window?
Old 22-09-2009

Re: Image Onclick Problem- unable to read the Command

The odd reason is that the input of type image was intended specifically to submit the form.The INPUT element defines a form control for the user to enter input. While INPUT is most useful within a FORM, HTML 4 allows INPUT in any block-level or inline element other than BUTTON. However, old browsers such as Netscape 4.x will not display any INPUT elements outside of a FORM. If you want to do something other than submit a form, use the onClick handler of an image, or of a Link containing an image.
Old 22-09-2009

I am planning to show image of map and user will click on some exact point and there will be automatically a red pixel or a char on that exact point. I suppose it can be done via javascript .

thanks in advance!
Old 22-09-2009

The type of form control defined by INPUT is given by the TYPE attribute. I wrote it for a project of mine. It uses a very basic library from the SitePoint book "Simply Javascript." You can probably modify it to use your own library or own code. The default TYPE is text, which provides a single-line text input field. The VALUE attribute specifies the initial value for the text field. The SIZE and MAXLENGTH attributes suggest the number of characters and maximum number of characters, respectively, of the text field.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,