Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 21-09-2009

How to set the background opacity?

Is there any way that you can apply opacity properties to a background url in your css and have those attributes consistent to your bg img alone? The only problem i've got is that my background has an opacity that makes the gallery background show up above. I've tried to take away the background color in SimpleViewer but the default color is set to grey. I would like to have (by exemple) a 50% transparency for the background and no transparency for the texts and images.
Old 21-09-2009

Re: How to set the background opacity?

I think at the moment it's always going to affect the children. I've had the same issues and haven't used opacity as much as I would like because of it. Hopefully in time we'll have a little more control with it. opacity of the bottom one is x% and it has the background opacity of the top one is 100% and the bg is transparent.
Old 21-09-2009

There is a way to let the gallery show up without background by adding the code fo.addParam("wmode", "transparent"); "Filter" only works in IE. You'd be better off using a semi-transparent gif or png as a background. But then, IE can have problems with pngs.to the lines, where all other fo.addParams are in the code. However I don't know any possibility to use opacity...
Old 21-09-2009

Have you tried just using a lighter color of your background, i.e. if your background is red, use a pale pink for the sidebar background? It's a hack, but might suffice, The BG on the iFrames is edited to look like you're looking through a tinted window, but is not actually transparent thus removing any possible cross-browser issues.
Old 21-09-2009

hi friend...i need n72 flash software...
Old 21-09-2009

Hi, srineevaasan

May I know, why do you need n72 flash software, this is basically used for Nokia cell phones, does it has any relation with the background opacity.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , ,