Thread: How to get Image Positioning In CSS

How to get Image Positioning In CSS

I have been playing with an IE-only stylesheet trying to align the relevant tags to get the image positioned properly but nothing is working, I have a class that puts an arrow image, which should line up with the right edge of the white border. In simple language my image will not align how I want it so how do I align it.

Re: How to get Image Positioning In CSS

I'm not sure exactly what you mean but if you take the background off the <a> and .currentpage and put the following on the <li> you get something maybe closer to what you want. But as per my understanding about the Positioning in CSS is as per the 'entry' class, the tag is superfluous. At any rate, I would think adding padding to this div would push the text in the div down as well so there would still be mismatch.

Does the banner company use a z-index you have to almost counteract? OR can you absolutely position it? It looks like you have one list for your nav items, and another list for your arrows. You could combine these and make your life a bit easier. The idea is that your li elements themselves are wide enough to show the arrows.

I am able to solve my own problem. The difference between the two links provided above was that one had a br tag while the other did not. In my CSS file, One more thing I have set the z-index of the a to -1 to go behind the black area. I coded a break statement for ALL br tags, so it causes it do act weird. as you have seen from the CSS, I have remove the h1 that contains the anchor in which the logo exists. So for that, remove the h1 tag surrounding the logo.