Thread: Useful programming shortcut keys for Eclipse

Useful programming shortcut keys for Eclipse

Please provide me Useful Eclipse shortcut keys, that I would use as handy tool while working on eclipse, It would save my time as well as will reduced errors while working with the program. Please suggest.

Re: Useful programming shortcut keys for Eclipse

You should try to keep your hands on keyboard. You may yourself try different combination of keys and remember the changes, I think if you will find those keyboard that would remains in your mind for long time, instead of just copy pasting it. And one more is that less you touch the mouse, the more code you can write. I am trying to keep the mouse laying still and control the IDE completely using keyboard. Following are some of short cut keys:

Ctrl+Space-> Content Assist
    Ctrl+K-> Find Next
    Ctrl+Shft+K-> Find Previous
    Ctrl+J-> Incremental Find

Following are some of the Shortcut keys for Eclipse with there discription Open any file quickly without browsing for it in the Package Explorer: Ctrl + Shift + R. This shortcut opens a dialog box that accepts the name of the file you’re looking for. It even accepts wildcard characters. Using ALT + Up/Down Arrow Move the row (or the entire selection) up or down. Very useful when rearranging code. You can even select more rows and move them all. Notice, that it will be always correctly indented. One more keyboard shortcut is Ctrl+Shift+T Start typing the name and the list gets smaller. Try typing the capital letters of the class only (e.g. type "CME" to find "ConcurrentModificationException")

Ctrl-Space to pop up content assist (aka tag/function insight). This one bears some elaboration for us CFMLers. CTRL+1 is Probably the most useful one. It activates the quick fix. Imagine you create a class, which implements some interface. You will get an error, because the inherited methods are not yet implemented. While you are on line where the error occurs, press this combination to activate the quick fix. with Ctrl+Shift+Space, If typing a method call with several parameters use this to show the applicable parameter types. The current parameter where the cursor is will be shown in bold.