Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 18-09-2009

CSS Line Spacing

I'm trying to make a paragraph of text to have 1.5 line spacing on a particular website. I know there was a CSS style that allowed me to set the "Line height" in Dreamweaver. So, can any body tell me that how to do CSS Line Spacing? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct way of doing it.
Old 18-09-2009

Re: CSS Line Spacing

Most web applications today use boring methods to present data to their viewers using grids or simple HTML tables. Cascading Stylesheets allows you to control the spacing between words and the spacing between individual characters. The CSS line-height property is similar to leading in desktop publishing, it determines the "line height".
Old 18-09-2009

You can add additional space between words with the word-spacing property. FusionCharts works with all technologies like ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, ColdFusion, Ruby on Rails, JSP, HTML pages etc. and connects to any database to render animated & interactive charts. The value you specify will be added to whatever default value the browser already uses.
Old 18-09-2009

Letter-spacing affects the kerning between charactersand is similar to word-spacing. Values are added to the default browser spacing. This results in lines of text appearing closer together or further apart. In most cases, the best choice for line spacing is to leave it at the default - or "normal". This is generally the most readable and doesn't require that you do anything special. But changing the line spacing can give your text a different feel to it.
Old 18-09-2009
Hot-Text

<pre style=line-height:16.5px;>
px
</pre>
<pre style=line-height:28.5px;>

px

</pre>

<style type="text/css">
<!--
Pre
{
line-height:28px;}
-->
</style>

Last edited by Hot-Text : 18-09-2009 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Img need edit
Old 21-09-2009
richermartyn

Hi...
I have some information on CSS line spacing... So i wanna share that.... Controlling text spacing and text alignment using CSS.Cascading Stylesheets allows you to control the spacing between words and the spacing between individual characters.... Thanks...

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,