Thread: Set focus using javascript

Set focus using javascript

Recently i had made a login form and i would like to know that if any user doesn't enter their user name or password, then the cursor should be directly set to the empty field. Can any body tell me that how to set focus using javascript? Has anyone done this before? Let me know your views on the above issue.

Re: Set focus using javascript

The HTML DOM defines a standard set of objects for HTML, and a standard way to access and manipulate HTML documents. ASP.NET Web Form controls provide a similar look and feel of the traditional HTML controls while they provide a consistent and structured interface and more robust features.

All HTML elements, along with their containing text and attributes, can be accessed through the DOM. You can also use client-side scripting with these controls to provide additional functionality, such as setting the focus on an ASP.NET Web Form control. The contents can be modified or deleted, and new elements can be created.

The HTML DOM is platform and language independent. It can be used by any programming language like Java, JavaScript, and VBScript. ASP.NET Web Form controls provide a similar look and feel of the traditional HTML controls while they provide a consistent and structured interface and more robust features. If you want you can check out the following link. This link will help you to setfocus using javascript.