Thread: How to load unload an internal mc into an empty mc

How to load unload an internal mc into an empty mc

I have a movie in Flash 8, where a user views some text and animation, listens to a narration and then when it's all done I have a 'continue' button come up, but I can't figure out how to unload a movie clip using the link command. In the FLA there is a movie clip called "loader_mc", I need to load the swf's from the folder called "new" into that clip. that is I think my empty MC.

Re: How to load unload an internal mc into an empty mc

The swf files are still not loading into the empty movie clip below the photo flow component. Flash will "stream" if all items are on the main timeline and not inside movieClips. tip: how do i get a movieClip to stream? make it an external.swf with all items on the main timeline. I am attaching the files again, in case I did something wrong, but I pretty much copied and pasted the info you gave me.

Also, I need to first swf (swf/new/pic_1.swf) to load into the same movie clip as all the selected ones from the photoflow component. In my .fla the placeHolder.mc is a mc on the main timeline and it's just got an instance name of placeHolder_mc. The unload method is often used with persistant movieclips that reside within a movie that will be populated at different times. When unloaded, the movieclip is simply an empty object the resides on stage waiting for something to happen. If I change the name of the movie clip from the movieclip loader_mc to loader_mc1 then I will have .swf loaded into the stage at the same time, which is not the desired effect.

I think you have nailed the problem. In the first movie, the button to push fades in at the end of the narration but it's on the main timeline. Look up the attachMovie() function from the Flash manual... That's what you are looking for. So, then I load another swf over it which has it's own continue button but the original is still on the main timeline.