Thread: What are the advantages of PHP

What are the advantages of PHP

Hi,
    I am currently learning web designing. I had worked on php many times. I had created many sample php sites and they worked fine. Though php is very common in use but I need to know some advantages and disadvantages of the same. What are the benefits of using a php sites. The most common one not related to advance programming options. And what problems can be faced if a site is built on php. I have some points made on my own but still what to consider some other also. Thanks in anyways.

Re: What are the advantages of PHP

The best part of PHP I like that first it is the most popular sever side scritping language and second thing it is widely used. The site made under this are stable, fast, safe, easy to use and it is a open source language. secure, easy to use and open source (free). PHP stands for personal home page that consist of a series of Perl Scripts. You can track number of visitors online and get your web traffic details. It is commonly integrated with HTML and this is best part. You does not need any advance conversion of this language to make it work with HTML. You know that HTML is the base language to create a web page. It is simple, easy to use and understand.

PHP is easy to use and runs really past. It does not slow down your system which is really important in order to publish you site online. The core reason of this that it has a Apache module which is normally written in C. Due to this it loads quickly. The language is compatible with a range of operating system and applications. It is compatible with other languages also. As PHP is a open source language so a community of open source applications work on it to fix up bugs and other issues. This is really a huge advantage of this language. In the matter of security is much safe as compare to others.

I will list you some pros and cons of the language. It is really necessary that you should know about the language in which you are designing and publishing your site. The advantages are as follows. First it is a free ware, open source language. So you do not need to put money on buying a dedicated and widely use language. Second it is easy to learn and offers many features. It works with Apache and MySql. You can get lot of reference material for this. It supports wide range of operating system. The cons of the language is that if you want to work beyong HTML/CSS then it quiet tough. It need several add-ons. Some web designing open serious security flaws which can create unknown threats so here you need to take some caution.