Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 14-09-2009

When do we need to use endif to end the conditional statement?

I just wanted to know what all things I need to know to think about the endif statement. When are you supposed to use endif to end the conditional statement. A conditional statement is a way for you to execute commands based on if a condition is true. It is easiest to understand by examples. Please let me know the suggestions for it.
Old 14-09-2009

Re: When do we need to use endif to end the conditional statement?

In the conditional statement "if", while at the time of closing the if condition we use the endif in the traditional way. If you want to execute more than one statement when a condition is true, you must put each statement on separate lines, and end the statement with the keyword "End If":

Code:
If i=10 Then
msgbox "Hello"
i = i+1
End If
Old 14-09-2009

A conditional statement is a way for you to execute commands based on if a condition is true. It is easiest to understand by examples. You can use the If...Then...ElseIf statement if you want to select one of many blocks of code to execute: In the Code Editor, click the arrow of the Object combo box and select Form. This tutorial relies on you understanding how variables work.
Old 14-09-2009

The standard conditional statement: the value of the Boolean expression is evaluated. If the result is {true}, the first block of statements is executed, if the result is {false} the second block of statements is executed. For example if we set var1 = 5 and have the statement If var1 < 10 Then ... We can read it as follows if 5 is Less Than 10 - This would be true so our code gets executed.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: ,