Thread: What is inside PHP Header file

What is inside PHP Header file

I know that every header file contains the information about itself, its methods, version number and so on, but what the PHP header function contains inside it, Please let me know as I also need to mention in my PHP header file.

Re: What is inside PHP Header file

In commons header() being used for page redirection whereby a specific location being define. However header() can be use more than just that. PHP has around hundreds of inbuilt for functions which makes it a very powerful language. A function is a group of statements that can be executed any time you want. ALL functions in PHP start with function(). These functions can also accept parameters. header() may also be use for page authentication assigning content type cache control etc.

The header() function sends a raw HTTP header to a client.We can use herder() function for redirection of pages. It is important to notice that header() must be called before any actual output is seen. The reason for this problem is that headers is the first thing sent out by a page so you shouldn’t output anything before the header function(not even a html tag). But sometimes its hard to avoid that in situations where you have a login form and on the submission of form you want to verify the user and then redirect him.

The main use of header() is to send header information into client machine and its one of the use is Page redirect we have a lot of directives for this function for Eg. Location. At the top of your php file in which you are using header redirect call the function ob_start() while output buffering is active no output is sent from the script (other than headers), instead the output is stored in an internal buffer. There are other Different arguments in php header function:-

The header() function sends a raw HTTP header to a client.

Syntax:
    header(string,replace,http_response_code)