Thread: Running VB6 Com Objects with ASP on IIS7

Running VB6 Com Objects with ASP on IIS7

Hello friends,

I recently purchased a notebook which runs Vista with IIS7.I am trying to copy over my ASP web apps from my old laptop to my new one.I am stuck with a minor problem of getting the ASP web apps to work under IIS7, even though they work on IIS6. The ASP apps I am attempting to run use COM objects which were written in VB6; for debugging purposes I on a Windows XP & IIS6 platform I can run the VB6 project from Visual Studio 6 then run the ASP app and follow Visual Studio's debug. I doing the same with Vista & IIS7 laptop and get an error; I simply cannot get the ASP app to interact with the VB6 component

Any help is gratefully appreciated.

Re: Running VB6 Com Objects with ASP on IIS7

I initially bewildered whether the session was being handled other way. Most likely a server issue the OS. Home edition is fair complicated to get to act as a server.Double check your connection string, are you using the same one as when you read

I have been looking deeply in to the issue.I think its a permissions issue (with Vista's security policies), but I still haven't got a proper fix as yet. Looking at the event logs, it says reports an problems with DCOM and changing the Launch and Applications rights for the particular application, the issue is though the Application GUID seems to alter each time.

I guess the attributes your searching for are the ClassInterface and InterfaceType. These are used to produce COM type libraries that provide early binding. The ClassInterface has3 options, the None option is used along with the InterfaceType attribute and is used to create type information based on the interface explicitly implemented by the .NET class.If I remember correctly then this should provide better Type information to COM to allow early binding.