Thread: A Good Decompiler for C++

A Good Decompiler for C++

Hello,

I have exe file writen in c++ or c and I want to decompile it, to source code. Does anybody know of a good Objective C decompiler? If so where can I download it?

Re: A Good Decompiler for C++

Decompilers generally give you assembly. I don't think you're going to be turn machine code with ease, this is because all of the C and C++ compilers compile differently. Even if you tried making a decompiler for a specific compiler, you would have to make sure it wasn't linked with any extra lib files or any other 3rd party thing other than source. Disassembly is going to be your only way to go as far as I am concerned.

What you are trying to do is not the kind of task you learn as an introductory programmer. Just read byte by byte and translate the code asm as per op instructions. you can extract all your formulas and equations if you understand how the processor is operating this assembly language, use a debugger to step through the code. There are plenty of freeware tools to dismantle this, you can use one as a reference to see that you get the same result.

No, it is not possible to decompile back to C. The best you can do is get the assembly code. You will just have to rewrite it. Just search for disassemblers. Just to let you know though, assembly is much different then the C/C++ high level language.