Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2009

Unable to load java virtual machine on local computer

I have Windows XP installed on my machine, I wanted to install Java virtual Machine which is included in java 1.4, I have run the complete setup on my machine, but when the setup reach to 70% it gives me error message called unable to load the virtual machine blah..blah... blah what this error message suggest and what I need to do to eliminate this problem.
Old 11-09-2009

Re: Unable to load java virtual machine on local computer

I had the same problem, I am trying to install downloaded HPprinter driver/software package for win xp. At installation completion I get an error message and therefore I downloaded JRE 5.0 Update 4. I uninstalled my Scanner software and reinstalled, then rebooted my machine. I am still getting the error Java Virtual Machine cannot be loaded. Is there anything else I can check or fix?
Old 11-09-2009

I fixed it! I uninstalled this version of java with the file name of jre-1_5_0_03-windows-i586-p.exe and rebooted, then installed this smaller version of Java called msjavx86.exe. No more Java virtual Machine error and the thing works now.. even though this link looks like it's on a japanese website, the applet is in english. You might encounter an error Unable to start the application-the Java Virtual Machine cannot be loaded. Class not registered. while installing the any of the HP products, like HP printers, HP scanjet scanners, or any of the HP softwares.
Old 11-09-2009

I would like to inform you that, this Java Virtual Machine software is related to operating system. The Java Virtual Machine is a program that is necessary for running Java programs such as PhotoSite AlbumBuilder. It is one of the utility related to operating system and is used by many of the software's during installation. To install the Microsoft Java Virtual Machine, download and run the appropriate installer below. After you install it, restart your computer.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,