Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to create simple Chat page using PHP

Software Development

Old 10-09-2009

How to create simple Chat page using PHP

Is it possible to create the simple chat page using php, my friend has created the same, he has also told me the logic about how to create it, but I remembered it only for time being, I also have search for that on the net but end up with nothing...If anyone here has any suggestions regarding it please let me know..

Old 10-09-2009

Re: How to create simple Chat page using PHP

If you want to create chat then we need to make one .txt file. You need to make some changes in the text file so you may open it in write mode then write something in message box that will written in that file.. First of all we have to make one .txt file. Then open it in write mode then write something in message box that will written in that file, the another user also open that file and write the file with the message box. Also open the file in read mod in side window to see what the another user is write ...IN this way we can make simple chat file with PHP.
Old 10-09-2009

If you've got a nothing-shared architecture like mod_php/cgi in the backend, you definitley need some kind of external storage like databases or textfiles. Also open the file in read mod in side window to see what the another user is write ...IN this way we can make simple chat file with php but: you could rely on memory by writing your own http server. There is a php chat program which you can set up for your site under your cpanel (I believe it's called phpmychat).
Old 10-09-2009

In my experience, Java is better suited for this task. Hotscripts.com has many Java applets and servlets. In theory you can do this by storing the "log" of chats in a text file on the server, and changing your page so that the user does a GET request on the chat. I have not personally used PHP for a live chat system. - and I'm sure there's one that would suit your site well. php page, but the PHP page never actually finishes sending back to the user.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,