Thread: Where does PHP session stored?

Where does PHP session stored?

I always have one question in my mind when I thought about the session, I cannot make sure whether PHP session stored on client side or server side and how do I come to know where session lies inbetween the work.

Re: Where does PHP session stored?

Session is stored on Server side where as Cookies is stored on client side the cookies are not allowed because of which it automatically reduces sever load again there is one reason which is, PHP Session is used to maintain client's previous state and it's stored on server side. where as if no other user are limited then session is used where load doesn't matter.

Client side session is a cookie, either a session cookie (which is only around during the time the instance of the browser that activated the cookie is around) or normal cookie which is info stored on clients computer with can be set to timeout beyond the instance of the browser. Even native PHP session handling uses a cookie if not a query string param. You have to have the session id hash somewhere on the client side. Server Side session is an area the PHP server sets up for each individual connection, and to use them you need to use session_start(); at the top of the php file you want to be able to set and read Session information.

It depends whether the session handler is actually set to use cookies. check in the IE cookie store. PHP Session is used to maintain client's previous state and it's stored on server side. Session data is the only kind of data that is safely rests on Server Side and can not be manipulated from the client side. Open internet explorer then on the tools menu go to Internet Options then in the general tab, temporary files section click 'Settings' then 'view files' the physical location is hidden and has a random character string in the pathname.