Thread: what is the difference between PHP and HTML

what is the difference between PHP and HTML

I have many times written a web pages containing the HTML as well as PHP but never try understanding the difference between the two, actually it was very tiny but the important thing when we make any programs in one of the technology, but now here I will ask you about the difference between the PHP and HTML.

Hope I will get the answer..

Thanks

Re: what is the difference between PHP and HTML

PHP files are just like HTML files, but they can include both HTML and PHP code. PHP allows you to create non-static pages and interact with databases. PHP is a scripting language that is embedded in an HTML page. The PHP code is parsed (or executed) by the Web server when the page is accessed and the resulting output is written as HTML within the Web page.

Well HTML is really really basic thing and you must know it if you want to learn something more. Again PHP is the server side scripting and HTML is the formatted output for the end user. and PHP is a powerful server-side scripting language for creating dynamic and interactive websites. and if are new and wanted to learn PHP then you must learn HTML first and then PHP. The only difference is that the php server program won't read a page unless it has the .php extension (as well as .php3, etc.). The disadvantage, however, is that a browser won't be able to view it offline (though running php, i recommend Xampp/Lampp, will solve that).

Trying to program in PHP before knowing HTML is kind of like trying to read a book and not knowing the alphabet. The .php extension is important, since it tells the Web server that the page may include PHP code. html is a very simple language with lots of limitations. php is a much more complex and sophisticated programing language. Therefore, it must be run through the server's PHP engine before being sent to a client's Web browser. Basically, HTML displays content on a page, PHP generates complex content.