Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2009

Bilateral switches invertor IC project

Hi,

I am doing a project with a controller with seven buttons and a four-way directional stick.I would like make a system that can connect to the controller and displays/read what combination of buttons that are being pressed via led finally need to connect it to another pcb.Somebody suggested do it with a 4066 bilateral switches and some inverter IC's.But unfortunately i have not much knowledge about it. how i would set this up?.i was wandering what would be a good micro controller for me, i was told to get one with a interpreter for the BASIC language,Can i continue with this? was wandering will it be able to program a number of various chips and if i will need a board of some sort.

thanks for reading me
Old 09-09-2009

Re: Bilateral switches invertor IC project

The CD4051, CD4052 and CD4053 are analog switches that can choose signals or select where signals go to. They have the equal low on-resistance as a CD4066.Their control voltages can be chosen for a single polarity supply or for a dual polarity supply.As a side note, remember that the switch has considerable resistance in the on-state nearly 100 ohms with maximum voltage supply, and this gets worse as the voltage supply is slumped.This should consider in the analog portion of the circuit, as it could affect volume and tone.
Old 09-09-2009

Re: Bilateral switches invertor IC project

You have to find out how the controller pad is wired and if possible, allow some pulldown or pullup resistors as the case and then recognize any combination of pressed buttons by using AND gates. You could use some steering diodes like 1N4148 as well.Other wise read the input ports using a microcontroller and then take whatever action is needed; be it leds or lcd display, etc. A lot more versatile.Famous micro controllers are PIC and the ATmega by ATMEL but i guess Basic stamp might be the better one for you. There's tons of code and books on the subject. Later on, if you decide that you require a faster micro, get a compiler and program either the PIC or Atmel chips in 'C'.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,