Thread: Unobtrusive Javascript

Unobtrusive Javascript

Hello everyone,

I'm not confident the java script is fine, but I know how it is implemented in the HTML. Does anyone know of a optimistic method to code this so the Java Script is Unobtrusive and doesn't need empty <a> tags in the HTML?.Hopefully someone can help.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: Unobtrusive Javascript

Hi there,Unobtrusive JavaScript is actually the JavaScript in the HTML is script tags either in the head or at the end of the body that relates external JavaScript files to the page.In reality no JavaScript code in the page itself, not even onclick or onmouseover etc in tags the event handlers are all put from the external JavaScript.That way those without JavaScript don't have to download any unwanted JavaScript related code at all beyond that bare minimum script tag that is required to connect the unobtrusive JavaScript to the page.

Write scripts that check if they're needed prior they do something. Don't think the hook exists.Ensure content and navigation can be used without javascript.Without javascript the page will be acting weird. Javascript's purpose is to add interactivity.Unobtrusive javascript is not that hard, it's a way of thinking. Take a little time to change the way you do things and it will make you a better developer.Anyway, to me, unobtrusive JavaScript is all I have ever known! it's about separating the behavioral layer from the content and style layers.

Unobtrusive JavaScript used to improve the usability and the user experience on a web site, but isn't vital for functionality to work.I get the gist of how this script would work for me. The only difference is that I required the text in the div (or the ul in your example) to remain visible from the moment the link is hovered, until a different link is hovered.Many issues that people commonly face, especially when it comes to extending and maintaining scripts across multiple pages, can be made easier by paying attention to various unobtrusive scripting maxims