Thread: What is PageRank sculpting

What is PageRank sculpting

Hi,
    I am currently studying about Search Engine Optimization. I came around a term called PageRank sculpting. What does this means exactly. I am familiar with PageRank. PageRank is a concept used by Google to give weight to a website. This increases the quality of a website. But what is PageRank sculpting. It is any new feature of Google. Why it is used and it is necessary to apply. Does it means manipulating the page rank value of a website. Any suggestions would really be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: What is PageRank sculpting

PageRank sculpting is not a bad idea for a website. I will normally allow to flow PageRank independently in my site. The idea of PageRank sculpting comes at the second or third choice. This is why because it is used to control spamming on the website. If you apply it on the first order then your sites gets more easily accessed. Here this concept removes the problem of spamming and only allows proper sites and users to access your website. This is best suited for e commerce.

Here PageRank sculpting really works. You can test it by creating a sample website and removing the nofollow thing. Here you will have first create a test site. Then put enough links on the page that can get indexed in the three most major search engines. Then just create 10 to 20 link in the test site which will point completely to a different page. Let the search engine visit it. Once indexed then keep on adding more links. Now here start nofollow to those links. Then use nofllow to sculpt. The page rank will index your page but discard the links. You can just directly observe that.

Before understanding PageRank sculpting you will have to get familiar with nofollow. It is a attribute value of HTML which is normally use to divert some search engine to the links in the web page. This links are further used to target page ranking. The concept is basically used to reduce a type of search engine spam. It is best suited for e commerce sites.