Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2009

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Code:
int x=0;
foreach(DataGridViewRow r1 in this.DataGridView1.Rows)
{
if((bool)DataGridView.["CheckBox1", i].value)
{
//my_code_goes_here
}
x++;
}
In the above code, I am getting the error message as "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". I am not above to rectify the problem. Can you help me out to get rid of this error message?
Old 05-09-2009

Re: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

To resolve this problem, register the Adodb.dll file in the global assembly cache (GAC). On a computer where only the .NET Framework is installed, the file Gacutil.exe does not exist. Either obtain the gacutil file by installing Microsoft .NET Framework SDK, or create a Visual Studio.NET setup project that uses the installer to install the correct components.

To register Adodb.dll in the GAC, follow these steps:

1. Click Start and then click Run.
2. In the Run dialog box, type the following command, and then click OK:
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\gacutil /i C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\Primary Interop Assemblies\adodb.dll
Old 05-09-2009

Several possibilities may lead to this kind of error messages, some of which are over here:

- You have not assigned anything to the variable.
- You have not created an instance of the value assigned to the variable.
- You initialized the variable to NOTHING or NULL, or you called a function that does the same thing.
Old 05-09-2009

This error message indicated that you are trying to access a member of a class without any instance object. So make sure that you are having some instance of the class to access its member variables or functions. And for your information, your code will run only once because there is no iteration in your FOREACH condition. If you are incrementing something then it should be used in your conditional statement.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: ,