Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2009

How to count Button clicks on per page

I have a simple page designed where I have a button that is of download some items and a user clicks on the button, but I want to keep count on how many times the user has clicked on the button? how can i show the amount of times a button has been clicked on a textbox? so other visitor will also comes to know about the clicks...
Old 05-09-2009

Re: How to count Button clicks on per page

I will provide you the simple function which also takes me a very long time to find and implement it, Make a javascript function. Call that function each time the user click on the button. In javascript take a global variable to count the click. eg

Code:
var count 0;
function count_click()
{
count++;
return count;
}
This function will return you each count of user click.
Old 05-09-2009

First, we need to determine what control fired the postback. There are three important things we have to do in the page load. Create a counter text file of the name hitcounter.txt and save it to the same directory you will put your hit counter in. Open your php editor. Save the document as counter.php. Set your opening statement for PHP script.When a button is clicked we need to know which one it is, and so does everyone else because when we make functions to scale the buttons down (actually just scales down the red MovieClip in the button) we don't want to scale down the button that was just clicked.
Old 05-09-2009

Create a blank text file called hitcount.txt. This will be used to store the number of hits on a page, or across all pages. create the functionality for the other two buttons lets make the scaleButtonsUp and scaleButtonsDown functions because it will become very simple to understand what is happening with only code for one button. Upload this, and CHMOD it to '666' (there should be an option in your FTP program to do this - consult the Help files if you are not sure).

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,