Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2009

PHP Vs AJAX

I am software developer. I want to create my own site. But the problem is that I only know C, C++, JAVA, C# and VB.NET. I know I can't develop a website using this all languages and so I am looking for some alternative. While googling I found PHP and AJAX. What is the difference between PHP and AJAX? Which one is better for website creation?
Old 03-09-2009

Re: PHP Vs AJAX

PHP is a widely-used general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for Web development and can be embedded into HTML. PHP is free software. On the other hand, AJAX stands for Asynchronous JavaScript and XML. It is based on JavaScript and HTTP requests. It isn't a programming language, but a way to use existing standards.
Old 03-09-2009

PHP

PHP, short for Hypertext Preprocessor, is a widely-used open source general-purpose scripting language that is especially designed for web development to produce dynamic web pages and can be embedded into HTML. PHP has evolved to include a command line interface capability and can also be used in standalone graphical applications.

AJAX

AJAX, short for Asynchronous JavaScript and XML, is a group of interrelated web development techniques used on the client-side to create interactive web applications or rich Internet applications. AJAX is a development technique for dynamically updating the content of a site without doing full page refreshes.
Old 03-09-2009

AJAX depends on the client-side. So it's much more volatile than anything you do server side. You can use both PHP and AJAX for running your website effectively. PHP and Ajax goes hand-in-hand for scalable web development. The only difference is PHP is a server side language and AJAX is a client side language.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: ,