Thread: Create DSN for Access database

Create DSN for Access database

Hello friends,

I have created a page in ASP which connects Access database for getting data over, if i try to use Access database then it's working fine, but now i want to create a System Data Source Name (DSN) for an Access database on my local machine. I have asked my friends about the same they told me that it's possible but don't know what steps to be follow for it. Does anyone has idea about it.

Create DSN for Access database

For creating DSN for Access database you need to follow the below steps:-

1. First you need to click on Start and then goto setting and then goto Control Panel - -> Administrative Tools.

2. In that select DataSources (ODBC).Then click on the right side of the pane and select the driver as Driver do Microsoft access(*.MDB) after that click on finish.

3. Then goto select option and find the databse name on the drive over here you need to select the location and then give Dsn name and click on OK. After finding the Dsn name added to the list.

Download DSN for Access database

If you are facing any issue then in that case i would suggest you to download odbcPlus for viewing ODBC database and at the same time it is easy and suitable access through ODBC DSN to different database. Data exchange between DSN source including XML scenario export. The Possibility of the use transactions. Built-in Scheduler. Open XML interface of the expansion ODBC driver. For downloading click here