Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 31-08-2009

Database Error: Too few parameters. Expected 5

I am getting the below error message when I fire a query to the database. Here is the error:

Quote:
Database Results Error
Description: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Too few parameters. Expected 5.
Number: 0x80040E10
Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers
I am trying to figure this out but not getting why this error appears. Do you know why this error message is coming?
Old 31-08-2009

Re: Database Error: Too few parameters. Expected 5

The "too few parameters" error appears when number of data fields are less as compared to the fields that is expected in the database or in the result. Make sure the number of parameters is present and at proper places. This is very common problem with wrong names or misspelled words.
Old 31-08-2009

Re: Database Error: Too few parameters. Expected 5

You receive the above error message if you do not set the values of all the parameters in the parameter query. You have to explicitly assign the parameter in DAO; you do not have to explicitly assign the parameter with the DoCmd.OpenQuery. This is probably a good reason why you are getting that result. Another reason could be misspelled column name. When Jet encounters an unrecognized column name, it assumes it as a parameter.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: