Thread: VB 6 & MS Access - run time error 13

VB 6 & MS Access - run time error 13

Hi friends,

I have written a code in Visual basic, over her i am facing some issue when i am trying to read the data which i have paste into the database. Early i asked my friend to enter any data and then i combine all the data in my database by copy pasting it. But when i try to run the program over there i got run time error 13. Does anyone know what would be the exact issue or where i have made mistake.

Run time error 13 in Visual basic 6

Most of the time you get run time error 13 because there is some type mismatch, this can be happen when you are taking data from the database that is one data type and trying to assign to a variable that is another data type or vice versa of course. In that case i would suggest you to check out that whenever a value is passed that the sending source data type matches the receiving objects data type. Without seeing your code with an indication of the point that throws the error it is not possible to be of any more help.

Visual basic - run time error 13

If you are getting run time error 13 message then you need to first check out your data. Make sure that none of the records have no value in that field. If you find any Null value then this would generate an error in Visual Basic. Use the IsNull() function to check the value first. You should do this check for all fields in the database that allow nulls.

Visual basic run time error 13

I was also getting run time error 13 In Visual Basic then you need to know that where is the data and in which way you are entering those data and check to see if you are calling a table that may not exist? Usually you get those type errors when something isn't the database or you called database object that doesn't exist.