Thread: Elements is null or not an object

Elements is null or not an object

I have developed a website in JavaScript and it was working properly till last Wednesday. But since then I am unable to get it working. I am getting the error message as "Elements is null or not an object". Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my JavaScript?

Re: Elements is null or not an object

You are trying to use some element in your form which is not supported. Make sure you have used proper elements for each tag and make proper changes if it isn't. Other than that it is impossible for me assume anything without your code. It would be better if you can post back with your code which results you this error message.

When are you getting the error message: when the user enters some data or when you are loading the form? Didn't you have properly coded to handle such kind of events? If it is present then try revise your code especially your event handler if it improperly coded. If user enters improper entry then give him proper error message rather than allowing the compiler to display handle the situation.

This kind of messages appear if you have a variable or an object that is either undeclared or it is used at improper location. I mean if a variable is declared inside a block and if it called outside that block then you may get such kind of error messages. Also if you are having an expression where the variable used doesn't have any value assigned.