Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 31-08-2009

what is SWF file stands for? What does SWF file contains inside it?

What does SWF stands for? Is is (Shock Wave Flash)? But the thing is that I have downloaded a template in that template there is html folder, 6-7 html files are there, including Index.html and the header.swf, I kept all the files to the root folder should i also keep .swf folder to the the root folder to display the content inside that file.

Please help.
Old 31-08-2009

Re: what is SWF file stands for? What does SWF file contains inside it?

In some situations, authors of HTML pages may decide to embed SWF files that they do not trust in their HTML pages. To me it seems like you're loading to much. You have to create a player in flash, with the movie controls in there, and then load the movie in the flash application. For example, an HTML author may not want a SWF file that is under another party's control to manipulate their HTML page, execute arbitrary JavaScript within it, or extract data from it. After creating a Flash movie you choose File > Save As from the top menu to save your movie. Save the file as "Somefilename.fla".
Old 31-08-2009

With Adobe Flash Player 9 and later, getURL (or navigateToURL) calls affecting "_self," "_parent," or "_top"were considered an interaction with the hosting HTML page. I think there could be some thing wrong about the "Show all" property that you set in your Flash movie. You can try to right click the your Flash movie on the html page, and change the property of the movie to "Show all" mode. With the Flash Player 9 update 3 (v9.0.115.0) and later, all calls to targets other than "_blank" are affected.
Old 31-08-2009

i'm not sure that my answer will be 100% helpful for you but it's the only thing that comes to my head. If a SWF file is calling getURL (or navigateToURL) and it is failing for the reasons described above, there are several workarounds that may be applied. download a free version of this video to flash converter pro and just convert some video file to flash. You do not need to stop IIS for the metabase.xml editing, but to make the Metabase.xml file write-able, you need to go to the IIS control panel, right click the server, select properties, and check off the box that says ?allow changes to MetaBase configuration while IIS is running".

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , ,