Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 29-08-2009

window.stop() doesn't work in IE

I am currently working on Javascript where when a user hits a cancel button, nothing is done. However in Internet Explorer, window.stop() doesn't seems to work. I have basically designed my site for IE, and so my requirement is that it should work in IE properly. But it is not the case. How do I do this then? Do you have a better idea? And why doesn't window.stop() method work in IE?
Old 29-08-2009

Re: window.stop() doesn't work in IE

Where you are using the window.stop(0 method? Is it coded as below and if not then reconfirm it:

Code:
<form>
<input type="button" value="stop" onClick="window.stop()">
</form>
Old 29-08-2009

Re: window.stop() doesn't work in IE

Yes it is correct the window.stop() method doesn't work in IE4+ browsers. The repeated call to this may cause you the browser issues. But you can use document.execCommand method on your code. All you need to use is "Stop" argument that does the same function as window.stop().

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: ,