Thread: Microsoft access do not save changes when navigating to next record

Microsoft access do not save changes when navigating to next record

I was wondering if anybody could help with this. This is something strange error message am getting with my combo box value, If i change combo box value, then comes a error :"to make the changes to this field, it ask me to save the record". When I save the record and go ahead it still does not recognize that and continues with the same error message, At present i have put the data validation on the save button which triggers a script that checks to see if certain boxes have been filled in on the form.

Re: Microsoft access do not save changes when navigating to next record

Open the form that you want the Save button to appear on, in design view. Click the wand icon on the toolbar; make sure its light grey which shows that the wizard is active. I would just use a sequence of If...Else...End If statements rather than a sequence of Select Case structures. Why doesn't the Before Update event of the Form work for you? What happened. Click the Command button icon on the toolbar. Locate the cursor on the form in the position that you could like the button to appear, and single click to initiate the Command button wizard.

There are several fundamental tasks in Access 97 that you will use frequently. Microsoft provides programming examples for illustration only, without warranty either expressed or implied. This includes, but is not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In this section, you can quickly reference essential Access operations for entering text, numbers, and dates and times; as well as special features that speed data entry, such as AutoCorrect. Microsoft provides programming examples for illustration only, without warranty either expressed or implied. This includes, but is not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.

If you open a record and enter data into a field, unless I use DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdUndo, the entered text is always saved with record. Start Microsoft Access. On the Insert menu, click Page. In the New Data Access Page dialog box, click AutoPage: Columnar, click Orders in the Choose the table or query where the objects data comes from box, and then click OK. On the View menu, click Design View. Use the Form's OnCurrent event to set the enabled property of the button to false. Right-click the text box, and then click Element Properties. Use the Form's Dirty event to set the enabled property of the button to true. This way, whenever a record is changed, the Diry event will be triggered, and the Save button can be enabled (ie. pressable) to allow the changes to be saved. What I am trying to do is stop any text/data entered onto the record from being automatically being saved until the 'Save' button is pressed.