Thread: Csla.net

Csla.net

Hi all

I'm using CSLA.net framework & I'm new this. I have been trying to update an object but I get an error everytime saying the following. DataPortal.Update failed (System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'dbo.Accounts' with unique index 'IX_Accounts_AccountNo'.
    The statement has been terminated.
    Can anyone help me with this please.

Thanks

Re: Csla.net

The reason of this error is that your code is trying to insert a duplicate AccountNo value into your Accounts table. It can be because of one of the following:

1. You have hard coded the AccountNo into your class for testing and so when you create and save the second account a dupe Accountno is created
    2. You are running the insert twice.
    3. You already have that AccountNo in the table (e.g. if you imported the data or are using an existing database)
    4. The code is inserting instead of updating - put a break point on both the _Insert and _Update data access code in your Account class and make sure that the right one is being called. As above, this shouldn't happen as CSLA will work it out for itself, but it's worth checking.