Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 26-08-2009

Unmodifiable variable even after changes in C programming

I have a small piece of code written in C language. In that code I have a variable named "k" whose value I want to modify but here is the problem. According to my program, the value of k should be changed but it doesn't changes at all. I thought of displaying the value of k after each changes so that I can keep track of its value. I noticed that after first statement and printing k, the value was 50. Now I have the statement where k changes to product of other 2 numbers and the result is assumed to be 560 but when I print k, the value remains 50. Why is that so? Why my k is unmodifiable even after changes?
Old 26-08-2009

Re: Unmodifiable variable even after changes in C programming

What are you changing global k variable or local k variable? If your global k variable is having value of 50 and if you are changing the local k value then it is not possible. A global variable is a variable that is accessible in every scope. A local variable is a variable that is given in local scope.
Old 26-08-2009

Re: Unmodifiable variable even after changes in C programming

This could be the problem of less RAM. How of memory are having? If you have appropriate memory then it might occur if you have used too much of variable among which some are now useless but they are still not released. Try to release them by using "free ()". If this is not the case then increase your computer RAM.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,